Old July 13th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Saunders

Default camera with high dynamic range ??

John A. Stovall wrote:

You can always take multiple exposures and layer mask them if you
want the best quality.

Actually you do better to use HDR for multiple exposures.

Depends. I've tried it both ways and I find layer masking works better for
some kinds of shots, HDR for others, depends on the type of shot and the end
result you want. For a simple sky/land split I find that layer masking
works better, and quicker. I prefer HDR for shots that have a more complex
mix of shadows and highlights, like sun-dappled foliage for example, or
indoor shots with bright lights.

Paul