Old July 12th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon

Default camera with high dynamic range ??

In article , John A. Stovall
says...
On 12 Jul 2006 05:42:27 -0700, "minnesotti"
wrote:

I would like to buy a compact or pocketable P&S camera. It should have
a high sensitivity, so that I could shoot the night scenes in the city
with excellent quality. I heard that FujiFilm FinePix F10/F11/F30 has a
good CCD sensor allowing to shoot in dark... however, I never held it
in my hands and I read the reviews that its sensitivity is not really
that high, and the image has a "watercolor" quality in it. Besides, I
do not think that its lens is sharp enough as say Panasonic FZ30 or
LX1. I presume that the camera with the desired qualities should have
larger pixels, and thus a larger sensor... which means the lens should
be big, too... and I want a pocketable camera.

If there is no such camera, then I want a camera with a high dynamic
range. I want to shoot both bright sun-lit sceneces and to resolve
details in shadows, in the same picture. Again... I am not aware of
such a camera. Can you advise any ? Thanks.

You'll never get it in a p/s. it's even hard with the full frame
Canons with CMOS sensors.

Check the Canon 5D or if you really want to go there the MF backs like
Phase 0ne and such.

Have you tried carrying that cameras in your pockets?
--

Alfred Molon