Old July 12th 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
minnesotti

Default camera with high dynamic range ??

I would like to buy a compact or pocketable P&S camera. It should have
a high sensitivity, so that I could shoot the night scenes in the city
with excellent quality. I heard that FujiFilm FinePix F10/F11/F30 has a
good CCD sensor allowing to shoot in dark... however, I never held it
in my hands and I read the reviews that its sensitivity is not really
that high, and the image has a "watercolor" quality in it. Besides, I
do not think that its lens is sharp enough as say Panasonic FZ30 or
LX1. I presume that the camera with the desired qualities should have
larger pixels, and thus a larger sensor... which means the lens should
be big, too... and I want a pocketable camera.

If there is no such camera, then I want a camera with a high dynamic
range. I want to shoot both bright sun-lit sceneces and to resolve
details in shadows, in the same picture. Again... I am not aware of
such a camera. Can you advise any ? Thanks.