Old December 3rd 16, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

Default For the Netflix Subscribers Among Us - The Taxman Cometh

In article ,
"Mayayana" wrote:

"android" wrote

Woops. Not American. I didn't think of that.
Your ship coming in means you're getting some
kind of payday after a long wait. As wealthy
merchants in earlier centuries would have had
when their ship full of goods from elsewhwere
finally arrived in home port.

The cartoonist
portayed Roy's "**** coming in" with a pickup
truck arriving carrying an outhouse. The visual
joke was a bit awkward. But it portrays the
current US situation. Half the population believes
Trump will make their ship come in, in one way
or another. The other half are aghast at the
inexplicable naivety of that assumption. And not
only naivety. Another American expression is
apropos he Cutting off your nose to spite your
face. The Trumpians are celebrating bitterly as
they work to harm themselves. The very people
who will suffer most, the poor, are the ones who
stand to lose the most. But as has happened
ever since Reagan, a charming personality can
fool most of the people most of the time.

The cartoon also portrays something that's
peculiar to the US. In contrast to most of Europe,
we have a very large rural population. To some
extent we're a rural nation that idealizes simple
values. So we're generally less sophisticated than
Europeans. We have a long history of resenting
uppity types who use big words. Trump appeals
to that vein of the American psyche. He grabs
pussy. That's something any normal person can
relate to.

The cartoon is showing poor, rural Americans,
living in a shack. Many of Trump's supporters clearly
think his TV show is more real than the world where
real politics and economics are playing out. They
think they just elected some kind of hybrid magician,
a cross between the good witch of the north and a
mafia kingpin. (Sorry. More American references.)
And Trump is not letting up. Yesterday he chatted
with the leader of Taiwan. It looks like he might
fire China on Monday. He seems to believe the
TV show mythology, too.
And he's not even actually the President for another
month and a half!

Thank's for your effort...
--
teleportation kills