Old May 29th 04, 12:56 AM
Stacey

Default Fuji GW690III lens contrast

Jytzel wrote:

Stacey wrote in message
Jytzel wrote:

I know this is a very sharp lens, but I wonder if it's "too" sharp. I
have noticed that grain tend to be exaggerated when using and tonality
is not that smooth compared to other lenses. I read a review saying
that it tends to "posterize" images; it seems that the reviwer was
describing what I'm starting to notice. Does anybody share the same
openion?

Use softer film if you don't like the high contrast. Also how are you
having it printed? If you're shooting something like reala and printing
it on consumer fuji crystal archive paper, it's going to look nasty if
the lens has good contrast. Try kodak pro paper in the softer portrait
grades.

It's easy to tone down a high contrast lens, it's hard to make a soft
lens
look sharp. Then again you -could- just throw a softar in front of it!
:-)

Thanks for the "valuable" advice. I already know that but I'm afraid
the solutions you advised are too simplistic and reflects that you
don't know what I'm talking about. Have you ever tried the camera?

Used one (GSW6X9) for almost a dozen years so yea I know a little about
them.

Sorry you think I'm clueless about this. Might as well sell it if you can't
understand how the film and paper you're using are what the problem
probably is.
--

Stacey