Old July 22nd 15, 04:28 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Thirsty Moth

On 7/21/2015 11:44 PM, Davoud wrote:
PeterN:

Two weeks ago I saw this thirsty moth. As usual all constructive
comments are appreciated.
The image was saved in medium quality.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150704_Lomgwood_0299.jpg

Here's what it /looks/ like to me. It looks
over-sharpened/over-processed. Are you using Photoshop or brand X? Mac
or an imitation? It has a lot of noise in the background, maybe from
the sharpening. The lower left quadrant has artifacts of some sort. You
marred it with a copyright notice in the ROI rather than at an edge. If
you don't want it downloaded, don't upload it!

The PP was in PS.

I know.

Finally, you failed to identify the species. It's Epargyreus clarus,
Silver-spotted Skipper http://eol.org/pages/184797/overview.

I do not know many moth or butterfly species. Most of the time I am
happy if I can tell the difference between a moth and a butterfly. I
just proved that. According to your link, should that critter have been
where I shot it? (Longwood Gardens, Kennet Square, PA.)

Nice pic, though!

Looking at it the following day, I did indeed oversharpen.
Thanks for your comments.

--
PeterN