Old December 9th 14, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default The mess that is Photos on iOS and OSX

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Citing a message ID is arguing?

no.

bitching that it wasn't included is.

That wasn't bitching. I was pointing out that just saying "other
message" is not very helpful. What other message?

the one that is posted within 3 seconds of the one you're currently
reading. half the time you would have seen it already and the other
half the time it would be the one you saw in the list of new posts and
are about to read.

common sense.

It wasn't on my screen at that stage: I hadn't scrolled down to it.

yes it was.

This is getting silly.

You have absolutely no idea of what I have on my screen.

i have a very good idea of what's on your screen because i've used a
variety of newsreaders over the years.

newsreaders query the server for new posts so at a minimum, you would
have seen the number of unread articles since your last visit, which
would have been at least 2 for this thread.

since your reply was a couple of hours after mine, there were likely
more than just 2 posts in the group.

in other words, the fact that there were additional posts to read was
on your screen.

I'm stopping at this point.

good idea.