Old December 8th 14, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default The mess that is Photos on iOS and OSX

In article , Sandman
wrote:

Nothing to do with my news server. The time stamp is applied
at your end.

nospam:
it's not at my end.

both messages were posted within a fraction of a second of each
other.

Sandman:
Your news client sets the date, and apparently it set the date to
the time of writing it, not the time of pushing it to the server.
So three minutes apart is the time it took you to write the first
and start the second.

interesting theory, but it's completely wrong.

That's why it's a theory.

it's wrong from the start and makes no sense anyway. the time stamp is
a function of when the post is actually posted. eric even posted the
relevant reference for how it works.

even though i know you're full of ****

Nothing I wrote above was "****", it was all 100% true, and a theory to
explain the different timestamps.

it's 100% false.

i tested it anyway. i made several posts to other threads, written
several over an hour apart.

the time stamps showed the time the post was actually posted to the
newsserver, not the time the post was begun or completed at my end.

Curious then that the two earlier posts had time stamps three minutes
apart.

they weren't. he even posted the time stamps.

he, like you, cannot tell time.

after posting the batch, all of the posts were at the most, within a
couple of seconds of each other, confirmed on two different servers.

Neat. And using those same servers, what were the timestamps of those two
earlier posts you made - those that show up three minutes apart on my (and
Eric's) server?

bull**** they do.

the two posts were made within 3 *seconds* (not minutes) of each other,
on 12/5/14 at 21:10 gmt/4:10 pm est/1:10 pm pst.

you and eric can't tell time.

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: The mess that is Photos on iOS and OSX
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 16:10:32 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 16:10:29 -0500

as i said, the problem is not at my end.

It isn't a problem at all, at anyone's end. But your posts were timestamped
three minutes apart.

no they weren't. see above.

not that the time stamps have *any* relevance to the topic. it's
nothing more than another ridiculous diversion from eric.

That I agree with. I was trying to give a theory to explain the disrepancy
of your timestamps, which in fact was a very valid theory.

it's completely bogus and doesn't even pass the sniff test.

Still waiting for more info - like the timestamps you see on the posts on
those two test servers you used above, but for those initial two posts.

you could check the timestamps yourself, however, they're listed above.

you're full of ****.