Old September 22nd 05, 03:12 PM
Peter

Stacey wrote:
wrote:

From experience I would go with the super tak. Check to see if it has
yellowed which can be fixed but is time consuming.

I agree. The "pentacon" branded lenses were the bargain ones for that
camera, the good ones were Carl Zeiss Jena or CZJ.

Pentacon branded lenses were mostly made by the remains of
Hugo Meyer Goerlitz. They had been a fine lens company
(though not as celebrated as CZJ) in the pre-communist era.
The communists appear to have decided that Meyer should be
a second-tier maker, not necessarily bad, but not intended
to be the very best.

Still, I'm always looking out for a Meyer-Goerlitz or Pentacon
100/2.8.

Peter.