Old January 21st 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.technique.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc

Default looking for a miniature camera with close focus (1")

Why is this always put in terms of close focus. Surely the requirement is
magnification (however this might be defined or measured now) or minimum
subject size? This used to be the case with film cameras.

Peter

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I'm looking for a miniature camera that can focus on an object between
0.5" to 1.0" from the camera. Would anyone know if such a setup is
available, or know of a way to construct one with some type of
miniature macro lens of some sort? I've come across many miniature
cameras but they all seem to have a focus range of greater than 6" or
so. Thank you in advance for your help!

Susumu