Old February 22nd 05, 05:35 AM
Voice of freedom

Lisa Horton wrote :

William Graham wrote:

"Bob Hickey" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message

And there are still people in the US today that believe only a small
proportion of the population should vote. My father believed that
only property owners should vote. I am not sure that he was wrong.
There is something about only allowing those who have a real stake
in a country's future to be allowed to control it, that appeals to
some of us. Our
country
is today controlled by millions of rif-raf who only came here for a
hand out, and don't really give a Damn whether we survive or
die.......They
don't
bother to learn the language, and will vote for whoever gives them
the
most
money in their welfare checks......

The only difference between them and the politicians they
vote
for is a suit.

Hey! - I'll buy that.....I think we should do away with voting
altogether.

We basically have. We still go through the motions, of course. But
when you vote using a machine with no paper trail, you have no guarantee
that your vote was recorded, or recorded as you entered it. You have to
trust the assurances of major Republican contributors that their
machines are honest. And if you believe that, I've got some great deals
on bridges for you.

"A man is none the less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new
master once in a term of years. Neither are a people any the less slaves
because they are permitted periodically to choose new masters. What makes
them slaves is the fact that they are now, and are always hereafter to be,
in the hands of men whose power over them is, and always is to be, absolute
and irresponsible." --Lysander Spooner, 'No Treason'.

--
A Voice Of Freedom in the
United States of America