Old December 8th 08, 10:25 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Paul Furman

Default [Mpix Challenge] Megapixel resolution challenge

Alan Browne wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:

I can understand that.. I would have to admit that I used to do a lot
of K25 work, but.. (blush) there's probably only ten or so of them
that might justify a drum scan.. For the rest, 2.7/4K suffices. (O:

While we all shoot for quality we rarely shoot for extreme quantitative
quality.

And none of those few good'uns are of a newspaper, so I won't be
contributing, sorry. But I shall watch with interest - I hope you get
a few bites.

Only one so far that I know of (and film at that), plus me.

Methinks the Nikon 12 Mpix FF shooters have had time to reflect on this
and don't want to see the truth. Especially when their sole recourse is
a few months away and $8K.

I don't expect to win so didn't submit :-(
and don't plan to upgrade any time soon.

Once a D3X gets into these NG wildernesses you can be sure that highest
resolution will take on new respect...

Or it will have to wait 6 - 12 months before Nikon do the same in a body
like the D700.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net