Old September 8th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Default Anyone seen any Nikon 500mm f/4 VR lenses?

Dave wrote:
Nikon have the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR lens on their web site.

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...g_vr/index.htm

Are there many of these around? I doubt I can afford to buy one, but I
reckon that when they become available, the used price of the non-VR
version of the lens will fall.

The problem is, nobody seems to have this lens. Plenty of places are
still selling the AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4D IF-ED II

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...if_2/index.htm

but I can find few places that sell the VR version. One that does is
"Simply Electronics" who must be one of the most doggy sellers around,
so I doubt they actually have them.

Much the same thing applies to the 600mm equivalent

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...g_vr/index.htm

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont....y=0&Go=submit
Availability: Out of Stock
Notify when in stock