Old August 15th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ian

Default High ISO noise CCD's vs CMOS

"mswlogo" wrote in message
ups.com...

As far as build quality goes the 20D and 30D are more than adequate unless
you are demanding weather sealing. EOS 5D owners jump in here?

As for higher ISO the alternative is spending more on lenses with a larger
maximum aperture. That usually means brighter viewfinder and better low
light focusing. I know the eos 20D can make use of F2.8 or wider lenses.
An extra set of autofocus sensors come into play. 2 vertical ones. My one
gripe with canon equipment is the tendency of flash system to underexpose.
Nikon is said to be superior in this regard.