Old March 4th 05, 12:57 PM
LR Kalajainen

I used the "newer older" model, the Pentax 67 (not 6X7) for years with a
variety of lenses, viewfinders, etc. It's a Sherman tank of a camera,
both in ruggedness and in weight, but never failed to deliver excellent
images. The lenses are superb--my favorites were the 45 and the 135
macro. Its one liability was the vibration caused by mirror flop,
making it a lot less hand-holdable than the Fuji rangefinder (which I
also currently use). I rarely had to lock up the mirror when I used a
tripod unless I was shooting at very slow speeds, but a tripod (sturdy
one) is a must. All in all, it's a great system, and the price is
right, particularly for used equipment.

Robert Feinman wrote:

In article ,
says...

i am a hobbyist that has used a 6 x 9 fuji rangefinder for years. i want to
switch to the pentax 6 x 7 so that i can use multiple lenses. what am i
getting with the 67II that i am not getting in the 67 (and i dont mean just
a newer camera)? in your opinion is the 67II worth the difference?

The auto exposure feature on the model II meter pentaprism finder is
nice.
You set the f stop and it picks the speed. There are also a couple
of options you can set like half step speeds (1/180, for example).

Since both bodies use the same lenses, I doubt you'll see any
differences in the final images.