Old October 28th 14, 07:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.os.linux,comp.sys.mac.system
Sandman

Default How much EXIF information is tracked by photo sharing sites?

In article , A. Beck. wrote:

Sandman:
how is this "intensly personal information"?

If I snap a picture of a pink flower in the open-air foyer at the
AIDS clinic while I'm supposed to be at work, and the EXIF
information shows almost exactly when & where I was, that's (by it's
very revealing nature) certainly intensely personal information
(it's meta-information but intensely revealing nonetheless).

And in this supposed "intensly personal information", where can I read:

1. It was taken by you
2. You are a patient of said clinic

For the all the supposed EXIF-reader knows, it was taken by someone
visiting the clinic because they've sponsored it with money, or they're a
gardener that works in many garens in that area.

Again, this isn't "intensly personal information" if it requires tons of
assumptions.

--
Sandman[.net]