Old September 25th 18, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper[_2_]

Default Ping Tony Cooper

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:14:56 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

I'm still using my Nikon D300, so I'm very limited at weekday games.
The D300 is incapable of low-light photography at a fast shutter speed
at any ISO,

false.

So you do a lot of low-light shooting with a D300?

i've done a *lot* of low light shooting with older (and not as capable)
nikon slrs (d100, d50 & d70) without much difficulty, prior to that,
nikon coolpix, and in prehistoric times, film slrs, nearly all of which
was theatre, which can be *very* low light and many times requires fast
shutter speeds.

they're obviously not as good as recent cameras, but to claim a d300 is
'incapable incapable of low-light photography at a fast shutter speed
at any iso' is simply false.

Oh, for a minute there I thought you were claiming experience with a
Nikon D300 and were going to provide links to your photographs with
that camera. Foolish me.

I admit that I have had no success at all in this. If I shoot at
1/500th or faster, which is what I'd want to shoot capturing action
field sports, I get so much grain that I don't bother trying to
process the images. The higher the ISO, the more grain.

I should have mentioned that my experience in this has been with
longer lenses, but then you'd know that if you shoot field sports
photography. I assume you're an expert in that, too.

You do know that you just *saying* "false" doesn't prove ****?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida