Old September 25th 18, 07:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Ping Tony Cooper

On Sep 24, 2018, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 18:45:32 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Sep 24, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Tony Cooper
wrote:

I'm still using my Nikon D300, so I'm very limited at weekday games.
The D300 is incapable of low-light photography at a fast shutter speed
at any ISO,

false.

So you do a lot of low-light shooting with a D300?

You know he's going to claim that he has had success with shooting
fast speed, low light, field sports photographs with a Nikon D300, but
a guy who never produces evidence that he does any kind of photography
can claim anything.

As they say in Texas, all hat and no cattle.

Those who get decent low light photographs with a D300 are doing it
shooting aperture on a tripod. It works best if you are photographing
stationary subjects, not moving athletes. You might get a good shot
of the scoreboard.

I dunno about your D300S. I don't know how well that worked in sports
photography after the sun went down.

It was always good to have plenty of light. Unless you favored overwhelming
noise, even with fast glass. When it came to low light performance of the D300
& D300S, there are lesser Nikons such as the D7200 which do tangibly better.
Then there is the D500, or if you care to go FF, the D850. Having said all
that, my move to Fujifilm, and mirrorless seems to be permanent.

Savageduck