Old March 24th 10, 08:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default Taking Sharp Photos Using a 6x9 Folding Camera

wrote in message ...
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
wrote in message

I see. Here is an article which addresses the situation from the factory
setting perspective:

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Medium-for...00000000915733

Again they are just talking about setting infinity to get it as good as it
can be. No doubt that should be checked if you shoot things at infinity.

The problem I'm talking about is at infinity, because the cell spacing
(instead of the lens to film distance) was moved to adjust focus, the
Spherical Abberation is overcorrected, which is helped by stopping down
the lens. At f16 no doubt they can take sharp images but this isn't a
problem with a camera that moves the whole lens/shutter assembly. And
ultimately these other types will produce even sharper images.

This is another discussion of this on a front cell focusing TLR.

http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00CQPp

No doubt a front cell focusing tessar lensed camera can make great images,
but I've found a couple of older models that use a moving bed focusing
tessar to be even better. The only problem is these older ones have
uncoated lenses so you have to be careful to not have flare issues.

Stephanie -

hmm...my reading of the article that I cited does not talk about setting at
infinity, but at 10 feet. Are you and I reading the same article?