Old January 24th 04, 08:32 AM
Michael A. Covington

Default Which is better? digital cameras or older crappy cameras thatuse film?

"John Horner" wrote in message
They were selling the new Kodak 14 megapixel camera (with Nikon lenses)

at
Ritz and I asked them how it compared in output to my venerable Olympus

OM2.
The OM2, they said, beats it up. It will take a while for digital to

equal
35mm and it will take a very long while for it to equal medium format.
Someday it probably will. But it isn't someday yet, and all the digital
cameras you can buy today will be useless museum pieces in a few years

when
compared with what is coming down the road.

Hmmm, you trust the judgment of the counter person at Ritz ???????

An OM-2 is an awfully good camera. An OM-2S, even better...

But it depends on what you want. If you need digital images, a digital
camera is better.