Old August 25th 05, 10:16 PM
pixby

Brian Baird wrote:
In article ,
says...

Smarterstats shows me that a total of 283 visitors looked at the page I
put up showing the photo of the plane crash on the 23rd.

Interesting...

I wonder how many people read these groups but don't participate.

Far more people than you would think, won't post to Usenet because of
the **** the regular ******s here pile on anyone with an independent
thought or moralistic comment to make. Hiding behind Google is no longer
a really viable option now they have started including a source IP
although it is still possible to forge that. The mail2news scumbags have
mostly been halted too.

A lot of flak has stopped in the past year although it still costs to
price of a court order to discover who made the Google post if you are
that way defamed and think you have deep enough pockets to find the
arsehole responsible. Good luck, most are juvenile or geriatric without
the cost of a decent feed, much less anything worth suing for.

Of course the ******s reserve this treatment for anyone not claiming to
be a deciple to the God of EOS. If that stopped, all the wise people of
the world who avoid Canon like the plague, might discover Usenet all
over again. Huh! hell will freeze over first.

As it is, I suggest this group ought to be renamed to
rec.photo.canon.slr-systems so anyone contemplating a post to it will
know in advance what to expect if they even think they can mention a
different brand and escape unscathed.

--
Douglas,
You never really make it on the 'net