Old July 23rd 20, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default Help with bags?

On 23/07/2020 18:33, -hh wrote:
On Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 10:25:18 AM UTC-4, newshound wrote:

Because you'd mentioned the grip, I was thinking towards more
professional-oriented companies, such as Think Tank, which
you're already familiar with. Another to browse could be
Kinesis:

https://kgear.eogear.com/collections/kinesis

Been awhile since I've bought anything from them; I recall
their customer service to pick the right product as pretty
good.

Because you're working a body with a grip, I suspect
that their C380 holster bag may be a bit too small.

Their C540 (link below) looks like enough room for the
body w/grip, without going too overboard on lens pocket?

https://kgear.eogear.com/collections/kinesis-camera-and-lens-holster-cases/products/kinesis-c540-medium-tall-holster-case

FWIW, the k-gear typically has some nice external hardpoints
that one can use to attach accessory pouches/etc.

-hh

Many thanks. The C380 would be too small, but the C540 looks pretty good
to me. I'll look out for one. I'm also quite taken by the Domke F3X or
F4AF. But there's nothing quite like checking them with a real camera. I
was happy enough to get a Retrospective 5 on-line, since I already have
a Retrospective 7. The 5 is fine without a grip with slightly longer
lenses as you can either put the camera in "back downwards" or "edge-on".