Old July 6th 20, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper[_2_]

Default Morro Bay -Drone Revisit

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 08:32:27 -0400, Ken Hart
wrote:

On 7/5/20 5:08 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 13:01:52 -0400, Ken Hart

big snip

From a photographer's viewpoint, Indiana offers a lot of opportunity
if you like old barns, abandoned old cars and farm equipment rusting
in fields, and interesting rural scenes.

I've photographed all the interesting rural scenes.

I know the feeling. I often run out of ideas of where to go to
photograph something new. But, photography is all about finding the
shot where there doesn't seem to be a shot.

Dunno where you are in Indiana...but no cable internet? Boonville or
further west?

In the middle of Jasper, Petersburg, and Washington.

I attended a wedding in Jasper in 2010. A friend from high school and
college owned a railroad car that he kept in the railroad museum near
French Lick. We boarded the train in French Lick, rode down to Jasper
on the French Lick Scenic Railway route, and the ceremony was
performed while the couple stood on the vestibule of the car. It was
the first marriage for the 72 year-old groom. (A retired divorce
attorney)

The railroad car was built in 1913 for the President of the Seaboard
railroad, and has three bedrooms, lounge, dining room, kitchen, and
crew quarters.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-.../i-C8qPQvF.jpg

My friend paid to have his car hooked up to Amtrak on several
occasions. In 1987, the car went from French Lick to New Orleans
where I.U. was in the final round of the NCAA tournament. (I.U. vs
Syracuse...Keith Smart with the winning basket) I was in NYC on
business at the time, and had brought my wife on the trip. We went
down to Washington DC from NYC, met the train, and rode in the private
car to Orlando.

To go from French Lick to New Orleans on Amtrak lines requires a
rather circuitous route.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida