Old October 29th 05, 02:59 AM
Cathy

Default Your comments are always appreciated (trying again)

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
Cathy wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in

message
newsMi8f.3581$UF4.1726@fed1read02...
Richard Bornstein wrote:
Thanks again. I have some knowledge of the basics of the technics

of
photography, but I don't think I have the creative sense that top
photographers need.
Rick

That's about how I feel about my photos a lot of the time.
They are pleasing...to ME...but I don't have all sorts of creative
eyeballs that lead to uniquely conceived shots.
I have what I think are some nice photos, like the first few of
these: http://www.pbase.com/markuson/maui_2004
-But most of my photos are for *me, and not necessarily what others
are looking for.

Mark, lovely photos. Is that you at the waterfall? If so, you are a
good looking guy.

Wow! Thanks!

You're welcome.

Nice picture with you and a young woman too.

Cathy

Double wow!
-I'm sure you will absolutely make my wife's day when I show her your
comments about the "young woman..." seeing as she's 4 1/2 years older

than
me, and I tease her every birthday about robbing the cradle, etc.

Well, everybody needs compliments now and then. Keeps us going

4 1/2 years is only important when you are in your teens and makes more
of a difference when younger than 15. When I was around 15, I used to go
to my cousins house and he was 11 years old and I thought what a kid
nothing in common at all. But now, a man 4 1/2 years younger than me is
nothing. In fact, 10 years younger is nothing - unless he looked
younger, then that would be
no good

A tripod comes in handy when you want to actually get into one of your

own
photos for a change, like in those two...
Thank you for your kind remarks.

Isn't it difficult when using a tripod such as in that case, to know if
you are going to be in the right place in the picture? The picture of
you and your wife is good as you are both pretty well in the middle of
the photo, as if someone took it. I've taken quite a few self timer
photos and they have turned out well, but not with a tripod.
By the way, when on Pbase and other photo sites, I am always interested
in what camera model certain photos are taken with, but I don't always
see that information. Do people posting photos not always mention what
camera they are using?

Cathy