Old November 7th 04, 12:10 AM
Phil Wheeler

Murray wrote:

Four year old Olympus Model D460-Z. Only 1.3 megapixel, but adequate
for what I have been doing--selling on e-Bay an making the odd 4X6
print. I saw no need to replace it with more modern technology.
Still don't except that it has failed.

When I turn it on, it opens as it should, but shows "Card Full". Card
is not full, as confirmed by inserting any other one of my four empty
cards.
If turned on with no card in, it shows "No Card", as it should.

I noticed that all of the menu screens that I get to by navigating
through them, show the last settings they were left at before the
failure, except that the date setting has reset to 0000/1/1, and the
time shows 0:00.

Does it have any sort of Lithium coin battery used for the clock and
such? If so, that camera is old enough that it might have died. That's
the simplest thing to look into.

Phil