Old January 8th 04, 05:36 AM
William Graham

Default Portable AlienBees w/Vagabond battery

"Patrick L." wrote in message
hlink.net...

"zeitgeist" wrote in message

Subject: Portable AlienBees w/Vagabond battery

The whole Vagabond thing is very expensive. Does anyone know of a

cheaper
alternative?

buy a UPS battery backup system to power your AC lights, though I'd like

find one that didn't shreek the warning beep.

or find a Norman 400b and use an LH head with a modeling light.

I had one (before it died on me) for my computer. However, it did not

work
as a remote AC battery for my monolights.

Patrick

If you buy an invertor, (12 VDC to 115 VAC) make sure it can handle the
wattage. The little cheap ones (around 140 watts) won't drive bright
photoflood lights. Buy an invertor that can handle the wattage of your
lighting setup or you'll just be wasting your money.