Old April 22nd 09, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Are todays LCD screen any good in bright weather

In article , Ken says ...
I have an older Nikon 7900 with 2" screen and even in normal light sometimes
have to take a guess when outside that I have got the subject in frame. I
was thinking of getting a modern digi camera with 2.5 or bigger LCD screen
but only if I feel convinced they are better to use outside. Whats the point
in having to guess the shot???

Anyone with a modern camera with the LCD that will work in brighter
conditions?

The LCD of the Sony R1 works fine even in the brightest daylight, even
with the midday sun shining on it. On the other hand the LCD of the Sony
A350 (a DSLR) performs quite poorly in bright light.
--

Alfred Molon