Old September 6th 04, 08:28 AM
-RS-

Default best forum for monolite questions?

Could someone please direct me to the best newsgroup for asking
questions about monolite-type of strobe lights ?

***************************************
Recenty I had occasion to rent a pair of Photogenic monolights. I had a
lot of fun with them ... and it occurred to me that it might make sense
to consider buying a similar pair of such lights ... either used or even
new. I bought an issue of Shutterbug to re-familiarize myself with the
photographic equipment market place. I am taken back by the plethora of
makes of monolight-type lights !

My questions include:

- are most of them still made in the good old USA ... and/or Europe?

- what brands are considered to be well made, well supported and
cheapest? Does such a combination exist ?

- is there a Yahoo group devoted to strobe lights? ;-)

Thanks !

-RS-
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada