Old September 13th 20, 10:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Hummingbird meets electronic shutter

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

Personally I'm still dreaming of that new sensor which Panasonic
presented a while ago: organic, with three stacked colour
layers, probably global electronic shutter (but I can't
remember), and the collected charge is stored in separate
capacitors.

This would give you all three RGB colour components at each
pixel, a huge dynamic range and a global electronic shutter
(would allow extremely short flash sync time).

no it wouldn't.

what it would give is significantly worse dynamic range, more noise and
poorer colour.

there are very good reasons why not a single company has brought a
stacked sensor to market other than sigma/foveon, which was an
unmitigated disaster.