Old November 29th 05, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default 70 - 200 L USM question

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:14:28 GMT, Alan wrote:

The question: why does this lens have a switch 1.2 metres to infinity
or 3 metres to infinity.

Surely it is not in an effort to save focussing time?

I have the 70-200 2.8 is usm with that button and, as stated in the
manual, fasting focuing is exactly what it's for.

Hi Alan
Obviously with teh 'posh' version you get a manual - with my version,
all I got was a sheet that covered 7 lenses including the 70 - 210 but
not the 70-200!

The sheet does not cover the focussing limiter switch.

Is there any harm in leaving it permanantly on the 1.2 metre position?