Old July 2nd 20, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Morro Bay -Drone Revisit

On Jul 1, 2020, John McWilliams wrote
(in article ):

On 7/1/20 PDT 3:55 PM, Savageduck wrote:
I drove down to Morro Bay today, it was a lot less overcast that for my last trip, so here here are some of the results of today’s flight around the bay.

First two 180º panoramas, which will be followed later, once it is rendered, by some video shot at 4K 60fps with a Freewell ND16+CPL filter @ ISO100 & 1/120 SS.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-PnG64Fx/0/c5554fc7/5K/DJI_0006b-5K.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-5bJ8RsZ/0/0291682b/5K/DJI_0008-5K.jpg

Video to follow:

Excellent! Under $1,000, was it not? I am tempted.

The basic Mavic Air 2 is $799. I bought the “Fly More” bundle @ $988 which adds two more batteries, a 3 battery charging bank, extra props, some ND filters, and a bag. I also bought a more comprehensive set of ND filters, and those seem to be better quality than the ones which came with the bundle.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2

Did you circumnavigate the rock? (OK, actually a hill shaped mass of
granite (?).) ... I always marvel when I drive by that.

I had thought of that, but it is a protected peregrine falcon nesting site, there are heavy fines for intruding on, and climbing the rock. That would make any drone retrieval if needed, quite costly.

Morro Strand State Beach on the North side of the rock, is a busy surf spot when the swell is running right, so that is on my shooting agenda. Then a little further North is Cayucos with a drone worthy pier.

Savageduck