Old April 21st 12, 04:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
nospam

Default Nikon D800 versus Canon 5D Mark III - the clear winner is ... [DxO Labs]

In article , K W Hart
wrote:

"$99,000 for the 1200mm Canon used "

I have three 1200mm Canon lenses for my 500+ Canon FX cameras, and the
most I paid for any one was about $3000. About 10% of that was shipping and
US Customs fees.

bull****.

Although if you do have an authoritative valuation of $99K for the lens,
that would be great, It would more than double the value of my
collection.

canon, and it won't.

"Bull****"?

bull****.

I'm not the one hiding behind a fake email address. You have sufficient
information to find me on Facebook and read about my Canon FX collection:
500+ camera bodies and 800+ lenses; one or more of every lens that Canon
made for the FX back in the late 1960's. (Obviously, the bulk of the lenses
are the 50mm f/1.8 lens that was normally supplied with the Canon FX.)

post a link.

anyone who collects canon lenses would be *well* aware of the 1200mm
lens in question, it's original price and what it sells for on the used
market.

you must have something else.

I don't have a personal website because I am a film photographer, and the
internet does not lend itself to film; I am loathe to digitize my work and
lose the quality present on the negatives.

digital is much higher quality than film ever was, so you won't lose
anything by scanning.

Would you like to provide an actual email address so that I can send you my
collection inventory list (in OpenOffice format)? Or would you prefer to get
the inventory from my insurance agent?

post a link.