Old April 20th 12, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default Nikon D800 versus Canon 5D Mark III - the clear winner is ... [DxO Labs]

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:49:35 +0100, Bruce
wrote:

The results speak for themselves. Nikon wins by *miles*.

Go to:
http://tinyurl.com/ctfepwr
or:
http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Compare-Camera-Sensors/Compare-cameras-side-by-side/(appareil1)/795%7C0/(brand)/Canon/(appareil2)/792%7C0/(brand2)/Nikon

then click on "Compare up to 3 items" to the right of the thumbnails
of the two camera bodies.

Note that the DxO results are independent of the pixel count, so the
difference between the Nikon's 36 MP and the Canon's 22 MP is not
taken into account. A fine achievement by Nikon.

What on earth were Canon thinking of ???

Video. And, like some wedding shooters I've read about who can't
handle 100,000 36MP images a year.

Honestly, I find Canon's concentration on video disappointing. They
seem to have forgotten the still shooter in the last couple of years.