Old October 20th 04, 06:58 PM
Gilbert

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:42:26 -0500, Frank Pittel
wrote:

I'm sorry to read that you're leaving us. Alas over the last year I know
of a number of people that stopped following this group as the result of
all the bickering. We may need to simply stop ignoring more then just one
poster here.

Or you just move to www.apug.org. Apug is moderated, and real trolls
can be eliminated.

Peter De Smidt pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote:
: I've been participating in this newsgroup for close to 10 years. I've
: learned a lot, especially from a small group of knowledgeable and
: friendly people, many of whom have left. As we know, though, it only
: takes one unfriendly and domineering poster to change the whole tenor of
: the group, and we've got more than one! This should be a community where
: we support each other by helping each of us become better photographers
: and people. You know, a place where we give each other the benefit of
: the doubt, get what others say right, and where we're generally able to
: have reasonable and friendly discussion. This is especially important
: where there's disagreement. As it is, participating in this forum is
: just an unpleasant waste of time. I for one have better things to do.

: Unsubscribing,
: Peter De Smidt

Gilbert
www.apug.org