Old August 9th 10, 08:26 AM
Darkroom User Darkroom User is offline
Junior Member

Hi there,

I asked this question about pyro developers on the photobanter website in a separate thread. For some reason, it seems to have got merged with the thread about a Jobo atl3.
I am not sure how that happened (sorry). This is where I asked about pyro.
http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=114087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-David Beyer View Post
IanG wrote (in part):
Yes there can be advantages and an increase in quality how much depends
on the way you work and the developer you choose.

Pyrocat HD gives finer grain, better sharpness and more tonality than
D76,

What does "more tonality" mean?

I cannot believe it means a greater dynamic range, because films, with
very few exceptions these days, have way more dynamic range than can be
printed onto photographic papers.

^^-^^ 13:05:01 up 13 days, 15:57, 4 users, load average: 4.42, 4.57, 4.56