Old May 19th 15, 07:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Can good photographic ability be taught, or is it in-born?

In article , Mayayana wrote:

Only if they're autistic. Skill isn't something people are born
with, skill is born from an interest, and that interest means you
do it, a lot.

I think that's the Western myth of equality speaking.

Not at all. Just facts.

We like to think we're civilized and fair. Part of that is to see
all people as equal in all things.

This has nothing to do with neither "talent" nor interest. Not everyone has the
ability to pursue an interest, not everyone has been exposed to what they may
have found to be their interest. Equality isn't a factor.

If you have an interest, you perform it often. The larger the interest, the more
time you spend performing it.

"Talent" is a slap in the face to those that are skilled. It minimizes the hours,
days and years they've spent practicing and perfecting their skill.

I would submit that talent is inborn, but the capacity for Art, with
a capital A, can be developed.

Nothing is inborn other than pure instincts.

--
Sandman