Old June 3rd 18, 06:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Noct: Nikon subrand for FF MILCs?

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 13:19:41 -0400, wrote in
:

On 3 Jun 2018 04:53:46 GMT, android wrote:

They seem to have put a lot of effort in getting this right from the
start. I'll probably won't get me one but am truly exited to see how
this will push the envelope for MILCs! :-))

Via NR.
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/06/02/n...as-a-new-noct-
trademark-for-cameras-and-lenses.aspx/

Given how far behind they are in mirrorless they can't afford to screw
this up. But a separate brand? Makes no sense to me. The Nikon brand is
knows world wide, so why not leverage that name? Unless it's just a
product line name.

A sub brand is not a separate brand. iPhone is Apples sub brand for
feature telephones, just like Xperia is Sonys for smart phones...

Nikonos, Nikkormat and Nikkor are other Nikon subs, so it's not like it's
new to them...
--
teleportation kills