Old September 25th 15, 05:58 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Super Moon eclipse

On 09/25/2015 12:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
This Sunday there will be a super moon, followed by a partial eclipse.
If any are interested in photographing it, check you local area for
exact times and locations.

There is a program that gives you specific information including times,
where to look, etc. The PC version is free.

http://photoephemeris.com/

I thought the Super Moon was Monday?

I already have my spot picked out, with permission from the local farmer
to park in his field- he just finished harvesting the soybeans there.
Here in SW Indiana, the event should be conveniently visible with
moonrise at about 7:30PM. Accuweather and National Weather both agree on
partly cloudy skies. Partly cloudy would just add interest to the shots.

I'm planning on setting up two Davis & Sanford "jawbreaker" tripods with
Majestic gear drive heads to support the 1200mm Canon lenses. I will
take along two dozen cameras, preloaded with ISO400 color print film- I
doubt that I'll use all of it. (I hope that my tripod and head selection
will meet with nospam's approval.)

The only problem I foresee is that since this lunar event is the end of
the world, I won't have time to develop the film that I shoot, let alone
post the photos on facebook.

(Because the Sun and the Moon are on opposite sides of the Earth, and
the moon is at it's closest point to the earth, the gravitational forces
will be greatest. Add to this hydraulic fracturing impairing the bedrock
structure of the earth, and the planet will be torn in half. My hope is
that nospam will be on the other half!)

--
Ken Hart