Old June 18th 05, 06:23 PM
RichA

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:49:49 -0400, "Randy W. Sims"
wrote:

RichA wrote:
I saw it in the French photomag, "Photo Response"
It looks like a shrunken Canon Rebel, not the XT.
The model they had was silver. 6 meg. It's clearly
aimed at the beginner market and given it's not much
cheaper, I can't imagine (unless retailers push them)
that someone would choose it over the D70(s) unless
they like the diminutive size. It's light too, less
with a zoom than my Olympus C8080 P&S.
From the specs I saw, it's limited when it comes to
pre-set settings, which may be a good thing when it comes
to a beginner being forced to learn how to really use a
camera.
-Rich

Just posted:
http://news.com.com/A+pro+camera+that+amateurs+can+afford/2100-1040_3-5750144.html

I was going to say it looked like it was an ad written by Nikon right
up until he mentioned the "inferior" Canon starter lens. Pro? No.
But it looks like DSLR evolution continues right along.