Old June 18th 05, 03:39 PM
RichA

Default Nikon's D50 is definitely...entry level

I saw it in the French photomag, "Photo Response"
It looks like a shrunken Canon Rebel, not the XT.
The model they had was silver. 6 meg. It's clearly
aimed at the beginner market and given it's not much
cheaper, I can't imagine (unless retailers push them)
that someone would choose it over the D70(s) unless
they like the diminutive size. It's light too, less
with a zoom than my Olympus C8080 P&S.
From the specs I saw, it's limited when it comes to
pre-set settings, which may be a good thing when it comes
to a beginner being forced to learn how to really use a
camera.
-Rich