Old October 25th 04, 01:39 AM
JohnR

Fujifilm A330. 3 megpixel. recent price drop puts 'em at $150 (US). It runs
fine on 2 AA alkaline. I've now taken 100 pictures with the LCD on and many
flashes and no low batteries yet. It has 3X zoom (I'd advise against getting
a camera without an optical zoom).

The two best things about the camera is the image quality and metering. I
compared it to the Canon A85 (4MP) and the A330 image is clearly sharper.
The metering is the best of any camera I've used. It has yet to blow out or
underexpose a shot.

The only complaint is low light autofocus. They should have included an
assist light.
John

"Paul" wrote in message
I need a good entry level digital camera that will basically be used by a
novice to point and shoot. Use will be holidays, family events etc but
needs to be easy to use and have a format that's easy to transfer stills

PC. Budget is up to about £100. Advice on the best storage media would
also be very welcome, as would links/hints to the cheapest deals ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Paul