Old July 21st 20, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Comet Neowise

On Jul 21, 2020, hh wrote
(in ):

Last Saturday night (7/18/20)

I'd previously pent a couple of nights at home looking for it,
but finally decided to drive ~20 minutes west to get some
distance on our light pollution for darker skies.

I found that the shot I like the best was before it really
got completely dark, with my shorter telephoto:

http://huntzinger.com/photo/2020/Neowise_portrait.jpg

On spotting, take & use binoculars; its brightness was low
enough such that I could *not* spot this by the naked eye,
probably due to the triple-whammy of old eyes, local light
pollution, old eyes and it just not being all that bright
of an object.

No real problem with light pollution around me, but it was still barely
visible to me. In fact, I had to look away from it for my eyes to pick it up.
I didn’t even bother grabbing a camera. Even if I could have gotten a good
shot, it would be one of a few billion, I suppose. Your photo came out well.