Old February 22nd 15, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Nospam's Dead Body &c.

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

What on earth has any of this to do with an Apple repair program
undertaken under the pressure of a class action?

It partially explains Apple-envy, which is the reason for this lengthy
off-topic thread.

It really isn't Apple-envy at all. Most people - including the ones
who post critical comments about Apple here - understand that Apple
makes quality products and are at the forefront of innovation. It's
rather expected that any company that sells as many products as Apple
does will have a few problems.

What turns these exchanges negative is nospam's almost-religious
fervor in defending Apple from any wrongdoing. The brown on his nose
extends to his ankles when Apple is brought up. He makes you want to
challenge him because of his "their **** doesn't stink" position.

i do no such thing. i criticize apple fairly often, but for actual
things they do wrong, not the made up bull**** from bashers.

If nospam would drop out of the group, the anti-Apple posts would
wither away and die. No one would really care that much.

no they wouldn't. the bashers would still bash.

I'm a Windows user, but I'd be just as happy as a Mac user. Mac just
didn't offer any benefits that offset the higher cost when I bought my
first Windows machine. They still don't.

there is no higher cost. that's a myth claimed by bashers.

macs cost about the same as equivalent systems and in many cases, cost
*less* than an equivalent windows system.

what always happens is people compare vastly different systems and
blame the price difference on the label, not the difference in specs.

try configuring a windows system to match the retina imac. can't be
done at anywhere close to its price and whatever you come up with won't
work as well because of the limitations of display port.