Old February 22nd 18, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
ultred ragnusen

Default A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows without installing anything on either

PeterN wrote:

Yep. That works, I am not sure about iPhones though. i had iTunes
installed on my computers. So I don't know it that also works with
iPhones.

When I plug an arbitrary iOS iPad into an arbitrary Linux desktop (Ubuntu
16.04), the file system (that is available to the user) is "mounted" after
a bunch of needlessly repeated "Do you trust this computer" requests on the
iPad, but when I plug those same iPads into an arbitrary Windows 10 desktop
(without iTunes), nothing useful happens.

Why does that work beautifully on Linux, and not at all on Windows?

I don't know, so if someone can answer that basic question, it would be
helfpul for us all.