Old November 22nd 04, 04:18 AM

In message ,
wrote:

And speaking of supplying original data, where the hell does Adobe keep
the PS raw file format doc's that used to be on the website? - I wanted
to try John's experiment for myself, but all I could find was the PS
SDK, for which Adobe wants money.

You don't need to enter through .raw to see the problem; just open a new
2x1 pixel document in greyscale mode. Convert to 16-bit. Bicubic
resize the 2x1 pixel image to 500x1. Set "Info" to give 16-bit values.
Make sure the color sampling tool is set to single pixel. put the
pointer over the string of pixels. See if there are any gaps in the
numbers.
--

John P Sheehy