Old November 22nd 04, 04:05 AM

Kibo informs me that "Harvey" stated that:

"Toby Thain" wrote in message
. com...
wrote in message
Someone should tell adobe that we have fast machines now and can work
with accurate data.

I've tried. Their engineer insists that it's 30x faster to work with
15 bit quantities than 16 bit ones.

They're correct - it is.

15bits gives you 5bits for R,G & B. There's no quality advantage between 15
vs. 16bits in terms of quality for RGB handling.

You're thinking of the HiColour video modes. The 15 bits we've been
talking about in PS is 15 bits *per colour*, per pixel, ie; a total of
45 bits per pixel.