Old January 27th 04, 05:27 PM
George

I think you'll find a better deal going out of San Francisco.
Keeble-Shuchat in Palo Alto (about 25 miles south of SF) is a great store.
For better deals go to Santa Cruz (about 45 miles south of SF on the coast)
to Camera Club (???, I believe that is their name). Generally, you want to
take expensive California real estate pricing out of your purchase price as
much as possible...nothing is cheap in the area you are going to, you'd
probably do better on eBay or mail order, but I did think Santa Cruz pricing
was closer to the rest of the country. Now, on NEW stuff, San Jose Camera
was close enough to NY pricing that I seldom found reason to buy elsewhere
(but some people don't like their "attitude"...I've never experienced it,
but I have seen and heard numerous complaints)...and LZ Premiums in Campbell
isn't bad either on new stuff.

"Saku Elovaara" wrote in message
In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Paul Rubin

wrote: