Old July 8th 17, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default An Interesting Comparison; D750 vs X-T2 at FOS

In article .com,
Savageduck says...

http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/6/fuji-x-t2-vs-nikon-d750-motorsport

If he includes the 56/1.2, his X-T2 kit is only 400 grams lighter than
his D750 kit.

But for what concerns me, my micro 4/3 kit is significantly than my APS-
C kit.

While the bodies with the allrounder zoom have about the same weight
(but the 12-100 m4/3 lens has more range than the 16-80 APS-C lens), the
75-300 m4/3 lens is much lighter than the 70-300 G SSM APS-C lens (and
has more range and better image quality). That's because the 70-300 lens
is fullframe-compatible which makes it bigger and heavier than it needs
to be.

Then I could replace the Sigma 8-16 UWA lens with a Laowa 7.5 prime
(about 600 grams vs. less than 200 grams). No such lenses available in
the Sony APS-C world.

Finally, instead of a heavy (but powerful) external flash I bought a
small and lightweight Meike flash for m4/3. Very, very seldom I need the
full power of the bigger flash (and I rarely use the flash anyway).

For the kind of photography I'm doing (travel photography), I'm out from
morning to late evening and then every gram you carry with you matters.
With the APS-C kit I ended up leaving lenses at home and not carrying
the flash, often I would just bring the camera with the 16-80 zoom with
me. But with the new m4/3 kit, I can carry the complete kit with me all
the time because it is light enough.

Oh, and BTW, I don't even need a tripod anymore, because due to image
stabilisation sharp 1-5 seconds handheld shots are possible.

What's the point of having the greatest camera and lenses, if you don't
have it with you when you need it.

My brother a while ago bought a Nikon D600. Initially he used it ia bit,
but over time he started leaving it at home, because it was too bulky
and instead carried around a smaller Canon APS-C mirrorless. Now he is
not using the D600 anymore.
--
Alfred Molon