Old April 19th 18, 07:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Alan Baker

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 2018-04-19 10:46 AM, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Thu, 19 Apr 2018 10:18:02 -0700, schrieb Alan Baker:

You claimed:

'I've used the AI program for over 30 years.'

If you didn't mean to imply expertise, why did you even say that?

Hi Alan,
I realize you don't comprehend much, so all I will say is that *nobody* on
this planet has ever heard me say or seen me type what you so brazenly just
fabricated out of thin air that you imagine that I said.

I've seen you type it:

Even the Apple Appologists (nospam, Jolly Roger, Savageduck, BK@OnRamp,
Lewis, etc.) haven't fabricated that completely imaginary accusation yet.

Why do Apple Apologists incessantly come up with brazen fabrications?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/K_yBNZiPFYo/2yfSU1BOAwAJ

What is a random posting from an iPhone newsgroup supposed to prove here?

eek font I used is "Roadgeek 2005 Series B Regular".

As agreed, it's in PowerPoint, which everyone has & knows how to use.

Everyone does NOT have it, and many who have it know nothing about it.

Again you brazenly fabricate what you don't know.

I do know that there are lots of people who don't have Microsoft Office.

And of those who have it, most of them use Word and Excel.

I wonder if that tendency to imagine functionality is why you gravitate to
supremely marketed Apple products?

What functionality am I supposed to have "imagined"?

Your entire belief system appears to rest on a foundation of fabrications.

If you are on Windows, it will work perfectly right out of the box.
If you're on the Mac, call us as embedded fonts on the Mac don't work.

Incorrect. You can't do the embedding on the Mac version, but they'll
work just fine.

The statement is correct but I do appreciate that you are attempting to
help with technical facts, since technical facts are what this thread is
about.

Yet you have no compunction about stating as a fact that which is not
true...

You're just wrong in that the file will NOT work on the Mac. Period.

I've had it open on my Mac in PowerPoint...

....and it works perfectly.

It will work on Windows perfectly well.

That's a fact.

Would that be like the fact that "embedded fonts on the Mac don't work"?

Luckily, it turned out that of the original 20 neighbors, nobody was on the
Mac, where I don't know the status of the 7 who joined in from another road
once they saw the beautifully organized signs put up.

Something which you could easily have discovered...

The whole point was to use the standard USA fonts in all the signs.

Why? What would it matter which font was used on a sign?

We didn't know there were so few Mac users in the real world when we
started, but if we used a Mac or Windows font, we would have had problems.

No. You wouldn't have.

Unfortunately, the printer is on the Mac, so, even if nobody uses the Mac
in the real world in our Silicon Valley neighborhood, the printers still do
(but as we've seen, the Mac-based printers aren't all that technically
competent).

Riiiiiiiiight. The people who do this for a living and depend on their
technology working well aren't competent...

....but you are.

LOL!

Windows MS Office can embed the entire font set which works for Windows.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-in-powerpoint

Correct.

Yup.

Incorrect. That article literally says nothing at all about whether you
can embed fonts into documents using the Mac Microsoft Office apps.

It's a fact that the Mac just can't do it.

It's a fact that the article you posted to support your claim does
nothing of the kind.

Luckily, nobody seems to be using the Mac in the real world of our Silicon
Valley upscale neighborhood, so, it doesn't matter that the Mac has far
less functionality than does Windows in this regard.

Sorry, but that's just not so, twit.

The Mac also has an issue seeing the DIN font:
Sierra https://support.apple.com/HT206872
Mavericks: https://support.apple.com/HT201375

Incorrect. No longer being included is not having "an issue".

Fair enough. Thanks. We can correct the *next* announcement, if another
road wants to join in on our community-based efforts.

Try again.

You LIED.