Old February 20th 18, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general
PeterN[_7_]

Default Windows freeware to lock in a 3: or 4:3 aspect ratio for cropping

On 2/20/2018 12:17 AM, Savageduck wrote:
Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 14:07:27 -0600, Savageduck
wrote:

Paul wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
nospam wrote:
In article , Savageduck
wrote:

In Windows however, not so. BMP is the native image format in that OS. i.e.
used by the graphic kernel.
Not being a Windows user, I don¹t understand this idea of holding on to the
BMP format when there are much better ways to go.
don't lump all windows users based on the actions of a few.

I know. As far as I know we only have a single BMP obsessed Windows user in
this NG.

So you've never run into a situation before, where a
tool doesn't support the entire spectrum of file formats ?

Fortunately for me, no.

For Mac users we have a very neat piece of software, “Graphic Converter”
which pretty much does that job. It can dig up some pretty obscure file
formats.
https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/

Otherwise Adobe CC, and some third party plug-ins cover my photo editing
needs.

I have the situation where Corel Photo Paint (CPT) images cannot be
read by Corel Paint Shop Pro (PSPImage) or by Photoshop.

I know of no software which can read them all.

I am sad to report that even Graphic Converter couldn’t be bothered with
Corel Photo Paint.
https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/key-features/import-and-export-formats/

...and if Corel couldn’t bother to have compatibility between their own
apps, it tells you all you need to know about Corel, and CPT.

LR does not read all of my PSD files. does that mean your statement
applies to Adobe?

--
PeterN